Golden Spiral is a specialized, integrated marketing agency that exists to help B2B technology companies realize their market potential. Established in 2011, we are headquartered in Nashville, TN and serve a client base that spans the nation. We excel at translating complex tech-driven offerings into market-focused solutions that speak to buyers’ real needs.
We are a team of experienced innovators with the energy and courage to lead, the expertise to advise, and the ability to make great things happen. We are smart, agile, approachable, and forward-thinking. Our team dynamic has been and will be a critical component of our success. We are passionate about our values and will only consider candidates who can embody them in an effort to grow and better our company culture. If you believe you fit the mold, please keep reading.
Our designers are smart, strategic, and goal-focused individuals who excel at, first and foremost, solving problems. Golden Spiral is in the business of client service. Providing outstanding solutions and results is critical to our success. Our process of delivering to that end is growing and strengthening daily. Adaptability, flexibility, and a team mentality is pivotal to the success of all of our team members.
Typically, the Designer will enter in the middle of the project cycle and work closely with the VP of Creative, other designers, and client service leads to conceptualize and implement solutions that meet the marketing strategies our team has previously identified and initiated. The Designer is expected to be hands-on in the implementation and design of these communications and strategies from concept to completion.
The Designer should have: knowledge of production processes; experience using digital illustration and layout software including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Adobe XD, Sketch and others; reasonable drawing skills; basic knowledge of printing processes, and paper and ink specifications; familiarity with typestyles, type design and type specification; computer retouching and image manipulation skills; experience with art direction of original and stock photography; and strong communication skills.
The Designer should expect to tackle a wide variety of projects from user interface and web design to tactical communications like keynote presentations, brochures, white papers, posters, ads, etc.
It is critical that applicants possess the ability to take cues from conversations, competitive analyses, industry best practices, and other reference documents to assemble a design consistent with the overall brand sensibility. The ability to work fluidly as part of a diverse team that includes strategists, account managers, designers, and programmers is essential.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Conceptualize and implement smart design solutions that meet objectives outlined in our marketing strategies. These can include but are not limited to:
- Collaborating with stakeholders to establish goals and KPIs for the site, develop sitemaps in Slickplan, and determine effective copy, content, UX and user paths throughout the site.
- Creating sticker sheets, type systems, UI kits and other design system components for use in page designs using Sketch and/or Adobe XD
- Creating content such as icons, illustrations, photos, and graphics for use in page designs using Photoshop and Illustrator
- Mocking up page wireframes, page designs, and prototypes using Sketch and/or Adobe XD
- Collaborating with developers around efficiencies and feasibility of designs, and strategy for maintaining design and interactive integrity throughout the development process
- Collaborating with stakeholders around content hierarchy, design direction, and potential unseen opportunities and solutions
- Designing layouts such as one sheets, white papers, print ads, digital ads, pamphlets, invitations, stationary, business cards, emails and other collaterals using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop and occasionally Microsoft Word.
Trade Show Booths
- Collaborating with stakeholders around concept, layout, and content for trade show booths
- Designing trade show elements such as walls, tables and other surfaces according to provided spec documents using Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
- Creating master Keynote and PowerPoint templates and themes
- Re-skinning existing Keynotes and PowerPoints according brand standards
- Creating animated loops in Keynote for trade shows and other events
- Creating and collaborating on mood boards to set the direction for a new brand or re-brand
- Creating style tiles to determine the look and feel of a brand
- Creating comprehensive visual identity guides outlining the definitions and use of brand elements
- Creating brand assets including, but not limited to, illustrations, icons, and photos
- Creating process graphics, platform graphics, and infographics
- Contribute to and occasionally facilitate the creation of creative briefs for projects
- Help scope design projects
- Hit deadlines within scoped hours
- Complete assigned work using internal templates and processes
- Collaborate with other designers around design problems
- Collaborate with accounts team around the best way to meet strategic objectives
- Make updates and changes to existing work
- Contribute ideas and potential solutions for process issues
- Research and brief creative team on industry trends and compelling solutions
- Work within established hourly timeframes for projects
- Track time and project updates, and meet general compliance with established internal process tools used for project management
Traits & Attributes
- Fast & Efficient — can complete tasks with a high degree of quality while not taking long to get there
- Proactive – Contributes value even in slow times
- Detail-oriented – Runs spell check, looks over exports, careful about widows and orphans
- Flexible – able to pivot directions when objectives change and between different styles, clients and tasks
- Slow to take things personally – You are not your work, and there are many ways to effectively solve a problem
- Creative – Brings new ideas to the plate, and does not always simply lean on has worked in the past
- Lively — positive energy contributor to our culture
During times of adversity
- Easy going
- Fun to be around
- At least two years fast paced design experience
- Web design experience/familiarity with web design best practices and programming feasibility
- Strong typographic sensibility
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively with other team members
- Layout design experience
- Proficiency with design tools (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Sketch, Adobe XD)
- An ability to manage time and pacing well, as this role will be working with set timeframes for projects
- An ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
Like to Haves
- Video shooting and editing experience
- Ability to conduct photoshoots for clients
- Strong illustration ability
- Animation experience
- Front-end programming experience